YOU MATTER – School Assembly (60 mins)
In this empowering, prevention-based presentation on mental health and wellbeing, Maya motivates students to prioritize their MISELPHTM-Care by sharing tools, tips, and inspiring personal experiences overcoming eating disorders and depression in her teens.
- Why #YOUMATTER (and bullies don’t)
- Power of support circles + reaching out for help
- Positive change and self-esteem from the inside-out
- Impact of social media on wellbeing
You Matter is built on one main premise – every one of us can decide to live a life of meaning by design instead of default through the choices we make every day.
YES, YOU MATTER – Workshop (60 mins)
In this in-depth workshop, students discuss topics covered in the You Matter assembly and develop their personal MISELPHTM-Care plans. A series of reflective, prevention-based exercises empower attendees with mindfulness tools that help enhance their wellbeing.
- Defining mindfulness + why self-care ¹ being selfish
- Power of gratitude and appreciation
- Classroom/school-wide mindfulness projects
- Workshops can be booked after a You Matter assembly and tailored to your schools needs to address challenges faced by students.
- Sessions accommodate up to 40 students. Please contact Maya should you have a larger group.